TUMSAT provides its students and faculty with remote access service so that they can access the e-resources (electronic journals and bibliographic databases) to which the university subscribes while at home and on business trips under the same conditions as those set for access on the premises of the university. You will need your TUMSAT ID to use this service.
*The VPN function is available to all students in the undergraduate 3rd-grade and above, including graduate students.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused to those who are in the undergraduate 2nd-grade or younger. (2022/4/15).
【Your TUMSAT ID】
Your TUMSAT ID is indicated on the TUMSAT ID notice (which provides your ID, password and other information).
The part before “@” of your TUMSAT e-mail address constitutes your TUMSAT ID.
Reference: Explanations about TUMSAT IDs by the Information and Network Center *Japanese only
Go to the distributor and open the "Product Downloads" tab
→ Click "FortiClient VPN only" in the "FortiClient" box
→ Download and install the software corresponding to the device you are using
Details of installation / setting procedure:
How to use the client software equipped with the remote access function (VNP function) *Japanese only
(2) Start FortiClient, authenticate and log in with the Ocean University ID / PW, and then use it rather than searching for e-resources.
- Downloading a large number of theses automatically or manually within a short length of time.
- Downloading all the theses included in one volume of a specific magazine.
- Copying or reprocessing a downloaded thesis.
- Distributing a downloaded thesis to a third-party.